Curtis Miner Architecture’s 2019 Highlights
- December 31, 2019
- Architectural Design, Celebrating 20 Years, Company Activity, Utah Architects
Utah County Architecture Firm Wraps up 20 Years in Business
As we look back at the past year, we at Curtis Miner Architecture find ourselves full of gratitude for all of our activities and accomplishments. Here are our top reasons for celebrating 2019:
1. Two Decades Strong
This past year, CMA celebrated our 20th birthday. From humble beginnings in Curtis and Janine Miner’s unfinished basement in 1998 to our current staff of over 30 people, we really have a lot to commemorate!
Thank you to all our clients and peers who joined us at two separate Open Houses in May – it was wonderful to connect and reminisce with you.
In November, we gathered with our employees and their families for unlimited mini golf, go carts and laser tag. This was followed by dinner and bowling to wrap up the evening. Our founder Curtis Miner shared a quick presentation highlighting the history of the firm and expressing gratitude for our staff and their families.
In December, we shared a sit-down dinner at Sundance with employees and their plus ones – a very special holiday party to wrap up our 20th year as a firm.
2. Three Architecture Awards
We are honored to be the recipient of three prestigious awards this year!
- South Jordan Medical Office Building, Merit Design Award, Utah Masonry Council
- Alpine Main Street Buildings 1, 2, 3, Merit Design Award, Utah Masonry Council
- Spectrum Academy High School, Best K-12 Project, ENR Mountain States
3. Project Milestones
From new projects to project completion, we saw many project milestones in 2019.
Notable projects completed include:
- Alpine School District Lindon office building
- Deseret First Credit Union Murray
- Intermountain Healthcare American Fork Hospital remodel
- Intermountain Healthcare American Fork Specialty Clinic
- Intermountain Healthcare Employee Services Center
- Intermountain Healthcare Transformation Center tenant build put
- Jones Lang LaSalle South Jordan Medical Office Building
- Utah Valley University Nursing remodel
Notable projects awarded include:
- American Heritage School expansion
- Church Office Building Plaza(contracted with BluLine Designs)
- Creekside Assisted Living expansion
- Dixon Middle School
- JD Brisk Apartments
- Lehi City Master Plan
- Lehi Police Station
- Midway Elementary School
- Ten Mile Creek Apartments
- Wasatch High School
4. CMA Family Additions
In 2019, CMA proudly welcomed several new members to our family:
In January, Katelyn Cherala joined us as an Interior Designer. She is laser-focused on listening and interpreting her clients’ needs.
Zach Haws, Senior Drafter, joined us in July. Zach draws on a lifetime spent in residential construction and is pursuing architecture at Utah Valley University.
Drafter Adam Wyatt joined us in September. Currently pursuing a degree in construction and facilities management from Brigham Young University, Adam enjoys working in a team setting.
5. CMA Family Milestones
In June, we celebrated Jonathan Johnson’s five-year anniversary. We appreciate Jonathan’s keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize. He has an easy way of connecting with clients and teammates alike.
October gave us double the five-year anniversary fun!! Christina Perry and Andrew Simmons have both been part of the CMA family for five years.
Christina lights up each room she enters – literally and figuratively. As a commercial interior designer, well-designed spaces including unique finishes and accents are her specialty.
A Senior Drafter, Andrew brings his passion for building to each project he undertakes.
Congratulations to our four team members who welcomed babies into their homes in 2019: Nathan Brown, Chris Thompson, Zach Wyatt, and Katelyn Cherala.
6. Company Culture
At CMA, our teamwork extends beyond the day-to-day. We recognize the importance of camaraderie, tradition, and play. Here are some of our 2019 festivities:
- In May, we held our annual Cinco de Mayo party and employee pinewood derby. Once we filled up on potluck Mexican food, it was off to the races! This year’s winners were Andrew Simmons (speed), Robert Lusk (design) and Ian Anderson (craft).
- Another CMA tradition is our company Lagoon day. In August, we closed the office for an entire day and headed to Lagoon with our families. Following a day of fun, we met for a BBQ dinner in one of the pavilions, then gathered for a group photo. For many, the hot weather necessitated a trip down Rattlesnake Rapids; others simply enjoyed watching our co-workers get drenched under a waterfall on the ride.
- This year, the theme for our Halloween pumpkin carving contest was Harry Potter. The entire office gathered and voted on our favorite pumpkins. Nathan Brown took first place, Hsiuwen Summers took second, and Michael Sroufe took third. Curtis Miner took 4thplace with his “harry” “pot” er pumpkin.
7. Thank you to All
Thank you to our talented and dedicated staff, inspiring clients, capable contractors and others who have helped us during the past year!